On This Page
June 24–26, 2018Embassy Suites San Marcos Hotel & Conference Center
1001 E McCarty Lane
San Marcos, Texas
Program and Speaker information is available on the 2018 CPS Conference website.
Registration Fees & Payment Information
Pre-registration will help us in planning and preparing a better conference. If you pre-register, your name-tag and program packet will be ready when you arrive at the hotel. Speakers are not required to pay but do need to register. Scholarship recipients must register and pay reduced registration ($25).
|Participant Type||Early Bird||Regular||Late/On-site|
|By May 4, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. (CST)||After 5:00 p.m. (CST) May 4, 2018 – June 15, 5:00 p.m.||After 5:00 p.m. (CST) June 15, 2018|
NOTE: Online registration will be available until 5:00 p.m. CST, June 15, 2018. After this date, please plan to register on-site at Embassy Suites San Marcos.
Priority will be given to Texas residents to register as conference attendees.
You are encouraged to register online. Please make check or money orders (U.S. currency drawn on a U.S. bank) payable to TTI-CPS18. Event Management & Planning (EM&P) also accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards. If paying by check or money order, you may register online and then mail your payment to EM&P. EM&P cannot invoice; therefore, payment of the conference registration fee must be received prior to admission to the conference. NO PURCHASE ORDERS ACCEPTED.
For payment processing purposes, the vendor identification number for TTI-EM&P is 37277277275000. The federal identification number is 74-2270624.
Only cancellations received in writing by EM&P by 5:00 p.m. CST on May 25, 2018 will be refunded, less $25 handling fee. No refunds will be issued after this date. You may transfer your registration to another person at no charge if you’re unable to attend.
- Participants will have the opportunity to earn at least 6 CEUs and instructors will be available for seat check-offs by appointment.
- Law enforcement officers will be able to receive TCOLE credits for the conference sessions attended. More details will be provided at the registration check-in desk.
The Embassy Suites San Marcos Hotel is holding a block of rooms for our use at a group rate of $93. We encourage everyone who needs a sleeping room, at the group rate, to make a reservation immediately. You may make your reservation online.
You may also call for reservations at (866) 327-0186, group code: CHP.
We anticipate the rooms will be booked quickly. Make reservations by May 25, 2018 to receive the discounted rates. After this date, rooms may be available at a higher rate.
For more information about the hotel, go to the Embassy Suites San Marcos – Hotel, Spa & Conference Center website.
Self parking: complimentary
Share a Ride or a Room
Looking to share a ride or a room at the conference? Sign up here.
Thanks to the support of the Center for Transportation Safety of the Texas A&M Transportation Institute a number of scholarships are available for payment of the registration fee for the 2018 Texas Child Passenger Safety Conference. Scholarship applications will be accepted through April 2, 2018. Recipients will be notified by April 12, 2018 and the scholarship must be accepted or declined by April 30, 2018.
- Scholarships will be applied to registration fee only. Scholarship recipients will receive $100 towards the $125 registration fee. Payment of the $25 is required when the scholarship is accepted.
- Scholarship applicants will be responsible for their own travel and lodging costs. No cash will be awarded.
- If scholarships are declined, a random drawing will be used to award additional recipients, based on available scholarship funds.
- Awards will be based on eligibility determined by the 2018 Texas Child Passenger Safety Advisory Committee.
- TxDOT employees are not eligible, according to Ethics & Compliance Policy.
Completed applications should be returned to:Katie Womack
CPS Conference Project Director
With “Scholarship Application” in the Subject line
Seat Check Information
Seat check appointments are offered for technicians who do not have access to an instructor or instructor proxy for sign‐off at checkup events or car seat inspection clinics in their area. You must schedule one appointment for each seat check that you need and be on time for your appointment.
Additionally, you need to be prepared to discuss:
- Proper terminology for the seats — rear‐facing only, convertible, combination and belt‐positioning booster.
- Test the seat belt system and describe which part of the system locks in the car seat.
- Discuss which vehicle seating position is considered safest and why. Discuss which types of seats do better in a side‐impact crash.
- Discuss best practice recommendations for the type of seat you are installing.
- Know what the maximum weight and height is for the seat you are installing (instruction books will be provided).
- Know about LATCH including lower anchor limits and where to look for these limits on the car seat. Know when you can borrow one anchor from each outboard position to create a non‐standard center lower anchor position.
- For booster seats be prepared to describe when a child can safely move from the booster seat to the seat belt. Know the 5‐Step test for good fit.
- Know the Texas car seat law
If interested, please reserve a time slot during online registration.
T-Shirts & LATCH Manuals
Reserve a t-shirt now to be picked up and paid for at the conference. Learn more about the cost and sizes available. If interested, please indicate your size and color choice when you register. Note: The last day to order t-shirts is June 10th.
2017 LATCH Manuals can be purchased onsite for $35. Payment can be made by credit card, cash, or check payable to Safe Ride News. To ensure we have enough manuals, please indicate your interest when you register. Note: The last day to order LATCH manuals is June 12th.
If you would like more information about exhibiting at this conference, please visit the exhibitor web page.
For more information about the city of San Marcos and the surrounding area, please visit the San Marcos Convention and Visitor Bureau or view a list of attractions & events.
For More Information
Program InformationKatie Womack
Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI)
ph. (979) 317-2532
Registration and Exhibitor InformationEvent Management & Planning
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas A&M University System
College Station, TX 77843-3135
ph. (979) 317-2222