On This Page
July 29–31, 2019DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
6505 N Interstate 35
Program and Speaker information is available on the 2019 CPS Conference website.
Participants will have the opportunity to earn at least 6 CEUs and instructors will be available for seat check-offs by appointment.
Thanks to the support of the Center for Transportation Safety of the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, a number of scholarships are available for payment of the registration fee for the 2019 Texas Child Passenger Safety Conference. Scholarship applications will be accepted through April 30, 2019. Recipients will be notified by May 17, 2019 and the scholarship must be accepted or declined by May 31, 2019.
- Scholarships will be applied to registration fee only. Scholarship recipients will receive $105 towards the $135 registration fee. Payment of the $30 is required when the scholarship is accepted.
- Scholarship applicants will be responsible for their own travel and lodging costs. No cash will be awarded.
- If scholarships are declined, a random drawing will be used to award additional recipients, based on available scholarship funds.
- Awards will be based on eligibility determined by the 2019 Texas Child Passenger Safety Advisory Committee. Priority will be given to technicians certified at least one year.
- TxDOT employees are not eligible, according to Ethics & Compliance Policy.
- Return scholarship applications to Katie Womack, [email protected].
Seat Check Information
Seat check appointments are offered for technicians who do not have access to an instructor or instructor proxy for sign‐off at checkup events or car seat inspection clinics in their area. You must schedule one appointment for each seat check that you need and be on time for your appointment.
Additionally, you need to be prepared to discuss:
- Proper terminology for the seats — rear‐facing only, convertible, combination and belt‐positioning booster.
- Test the seat belt system and describe which part of the system locks in the car seat.
- Discuss which vehicle seating position is considered safest and why. Discuss which types of seats do better in a side‐impact crash.
- Discuss best practice recommendations for the type of seat you are installing.
- Know what the maximum weight and height is for the seat you are installing (instruction books will be provided).
- Know about LATCH including lower anchor limits and where to look for these limits on the car seat. Know when you can borrow one anchor from each outboard position to create a non‐standard center lower anchor position.
- For booster seats be prepared to describe when a child can safely move from the booster seat to the seat belt. Know the 5‐Step test for good fit.
- Know the Texas car seat law.
If interested, please reserve a time slot during registration.
Registration Fees & Payment Information
Pre-registration will help us in planning and preparing a better conference. If you pre-register, your name-tag and program packet will be ready when you arrive at the hotel. Speakers are not required to pay but do need to register. Scholarship recipients must register and pay reduced registration ($30).
|Participant Type||Early Bird||Regular||Late/On-site|
|By June 3, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (CST)||After 5:00 p.m. (CST) June 3, 2019 – July 15, 2019, 5:00 p.m.||After 5:00 p.m. (CST) July 15, 2019|
NOTE: Online registration will be available until 5:00 p.m. CST, July 15, 2019. After this date, please plan to register on-site at DoubleTree by Hilton, Austin.
You are encouraged to register online. Please make check or money orders (U.S. currency drawn on a U.S. bank) payable to TTI-CPS19. Event Management & Planning (EM&P) also accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards. If paying by check or money order, you may register online and then mail your payment to EM&P. EM&P cannot invoice; therefore, payment of the conference registration fee must be received prior to admission to the conference. NO PURCHASE ORDERS ACCEPTED.
For payment processing purposes, the vendor identification number for TTI-EM&P is 37277277275000. The federal identification number is 74-2270624.
Only cancellations received in writing by EM&P by 5:00 p.m. CST on June 28, 2019 will be refunded, less $25 handling fee. No refunds will be issued after this date. You may transfer your registration to another person at no charge if you’re unable to attend.
T-Shirts & LATCH Manuals
Reserve a t-shirt now to be picked up and paid for at the conference. Learn more about the cost and sizes available. If interested, please indicate your size and color choice when you register. Note: The last day to order t-shirts is June 25, 2019.
2019 LATCH Manual sales are available in advance of the conference through Safe Ride News. All orders made/paid by July 15 will be delivered to the conference site for pickup. Note: The last day to order LATCH manuals is July 15, 2019.
If you would like more information about exhibiting at this conference, please visit the exhibitor web page.
The DoubleTree by Hilton is holding a block of rooms for our use at a group rate of $145. We encourage everyone who needs a sleeping room, at the group rate, to make a reservation immediately. You may make your reservation online.
You may also call for reservations at (800) 866-3126, group name: 2019 Child Passenger Safety Conference.
We anticipate the rooms will be booked quickly. Make reservations by June 29, 2019 to receive the discounted rates. After this date, rooms may be available at a higher rate.
For more information about the hotel, go to the Double Tree by Hilton website.
Self parking: $5 per vehicle per night for day and overnight use.
Share a Ride or a Room
Looking to share a ride or a room at the conference? Sign up here.
For More Information
Program InformationKatie Womack
Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI)
ph. (979) 317-2532
Registration and Exhibitor InformationEvent Management & Planning
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas A&M University System
College Station, TX 77843-3135
ph. (979) 317-2222